3.24.2011

lamp shades and lace


I started yesterday off by soaking up some of the sun's healing rays with the boy.  His family has a little cottage outside of town, set on the most serene piece of land.  It felt so nice to lay by the pool milking my last bit of spring break for some much needed relaxation.  After a couple hours we decided to travel about 5 miles down the road to the annual, Round Top/Warrenton Antique Week.  Usually I'm in school, but this time I was lucky enough to catch the opening weekend.  Morgan's mother always has a booth for her boutique and while paying her a visit I decided to photograph a few of my favorite spots. 

The antique fair is food for my soul, one of my most favorite things.  Its located in the middle of nowhere, Texas (Round Top has a population of 75 people) and the tents spread as far as the eye can see.  You can find anything and everything: there's clothing, shoes, antiques, jewelry, and trash galore.  There's high end belgian antiques right down to junk thats been gathered at garage sales.  Its a harmony of kettle corn, lemonade, gypsies, peddlers, and cowboys and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I kept it cool, in a breezy Anthropologie tank, forever 21 brown linen shorts, and Gee WaWa boots.  Ironically, I'm now in a 30 degree Philadelphia and I'm longing to head back to warmer weather.  Dreaming of my next stop:  sunny Savannah.  Until then, I'm about to get really creative with layers.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© paiges.of.nothing | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig