4.14.2017

technicolor dream jacket


Lately I've been thinking a lot about this blog, photos, content (lol at that word) and the current river of media that never seems to dry up in our daily lives.  It can be so overwhelming, all. the. time.  I've even found myself becoming slightly depressed over this constant stream of media because I'm wondering where I fit in to all of this?  Where do any of us fit in?  Usually I'm fine with creating just for the sake of my own happiness and sanity, but feeling that way all the time is easier said than done.  It's easier sometimes, when my photos or my dress didn't turn out quite as planned, to ask myself, "whats the point!?"

As the world becomes more homogenized everyday through the constant spread of information, I think now more than ever it's so important to stay true to ourselves.  It's not always easy, but its important.  Keep writing, keep creating, keep singing, keep painting.  Turn our phones off, disconnect, and do life in real time.
Try to weed out all the 'noise' of everyday telling you what to wear, what to listen to, what to eat, and stick to what truly makes you feel good inside and out.  It's so hard sometimes to listen to what my inner self is telling me, sometimes I have trouble hearing, but the more and more I try the louder that voice gets and the easier it becomes to listen.



Thursday evening after work I heard that voice.  I felt a little jolt of inspiration and Morgan and I took our camera around the corner in our neighborhood.  The light was beautiful, I was wearing my favorite vintage jumpsuit/jacket combo, and we even found a secret staircase covered in beautiful palms and bougainvilla blooms.  It was pretty much the perfect end to our day.  I was also reminded of why this is my favorite time of year.  I think if I could I would want the sun to stay out for about 99 percent of the day.  I can never get enough of that beautiful light.







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© paiges.of.nothing | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig