7.30.2013

blueberry sunday












Almost every weekend my good friend Chelsey and I escape the city and go on mini adventures.  This weekend it happened to be blueberry picking in New Jersey.  The lovely thing about Philadelphia is you can drive about 30 minutes outside the bustling city and then be in a sleepy little town.  It kind of reminds me of home in that way, which is probably why I enjoy it so much.  We made our way to Pemberton, New Jersey to a blueberry field, where you pick how ever many pounds of blueberries your heart desires and leave the money in a box in the barn.  My kind of place.  The entire field of blueberry bushes were completely surrounded by trees creating a sheltered little world with a white wooden farmhouse nestled in the corner by the road.  For about an hour, while we explored the field, I did something so simple and menial.  Sometimes that is just what the mind and heart need.

J.Crew Peasant Blouse, Free People scallop shorts, Gee WaWa boots
On Chelsey, Free People slip
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© paiges.of.nothing | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig